Welcome to Ac-Web AC-Web

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask a Question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Ac-Web Official Repacks !

Here you will find all our official repacks

Contact Us

Contact a Staff member if needed

Custom Item Fix for 3.3.5

kebabstorm

Registered
Credits: 0
This treat is for people who like to make custom items for 3.3.5.

So I stumbled upon this reddit thread Reddit - [2.4.3] Patched Executable - Override item.dbc (Question Mark Icon fix) and figured if this was possible for 3.3.5 too.

Well, 3.3.5 is quite different and it wasn't as simple as that, but after some tinkering I could made it work.

When you patch your wow.exe with this, you don't need to make MPQ patches or edit the item.dbc at all.
Just add the custom items you want to the "item_template" table in your SQL database and you're good to go.

There are seven fields in Item.dbc: itemID, ItemClass, sound_override_subclassid, MaterialID, ItemDisplayInfo, InventorySlotID , SheathID

And they all should work with the exception of Material. AFAIK it only affects which sound an item makes when moving it around in your inventory. So currently custom items won't have that sound. If anyone has expertise in reverse-engineering and can help me find the correct spots for it, please PM me.

I did some preliminary testing and everything has worked so far. But it still needs some more testing and I think it's 90-95% done. That's why I named it "Custom Item Fix (BETA) v1".

I've tested this to work with the latest TrinityCore, but any core which supports custom items should work. If using TrinityCore make sure to set "DBC.EnforceItemAttributes = 0" in your worldserver.conf.

If you find any bugs, post them and I will try hunting them down.

Patcher currently supports 3.3.5.12340 enUS version of Wow.exe.

TL;DR: Item.dbc patching is history

153922501-305a3814-f6a5-4e1a-9cbd-39e1d0ccd84c.png

Download: https://github.com/anzz1/WoWPatcher335/releases/download/r001/WoWPatcher335_r001.zip

Last edited by a moderator:

SolarFall

Registered
Credits: 16
looks interesting but it is removed, probably gone private or for sale

Khonsu

The God of Moon and Time
Administrative
Super Mod
Mod
Gfx
Legend