Welcome to Ac-Web AC-Web

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask a Question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Ac-Web Official Repacks !

Here you will find all our official repacks

Contact Us

Contact a Staff member if needed

Customize existing items?

rhoadsofrock

Registered
Credits: 27
I hope this is the right place to ask about this.... I've messed around with different WoW private server repacks over the years, using Navicat. I'm familiar with editing the "item_template" database, and modifying numbers for in game stats.....
I downloaded and am using this repack: http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthread.php?226941-The-Elysium-Vanilla-Repack
(I used to mess around with AlterWoW, but I don't think there's going to be any more development for that)

it is NOT my first time running a server for WoW patch 1.12.1, and ran into problems that I never bothered to figure out in the past regarding editing item stats. Can critical strike or hit rating be modified using Navicat with the "item_template", or is it something more complicated than that? (By more complicated, I mean am I going to need a DBC editor? And even then, I have no idea what to look for in using one of those.)

Using "Might Of Menethil" as an example item, I saw that critical strike was an "on equip" status, and I don't know how to modify that. Also, my goal was to just add a bunch of crit and hit to say, "Alex's Ring Of Audacity" just to have a mess-around type of item that any character of any level could equip etc.

I appreciate any help with this. Just as a P.S., I've tried googling this, I've seen sites where you can "create custom WoW items", and I've used one in the past (before it's now no longer an available site), and I've modified crit, hit and other stats for versions of WoW like 2.4.3 or 3.3.5a

Mathix

Power User
Spu
Credits: 182
I believe that in classic weapon stats was handled by auras. As in you equip your item and you get an aura on your character that increases a stat by x amount.

You should be able to switch out the aura with another one in the database, you're just going to have to search for the new aura on some kind of vanilla db website.

Darksoke

Power User
Spu
Website obscountdown.com
Credits: 238
I believe that in classic weapon stats was handled by auras. As in you equip your item and you get an aura on your character that increases a stat by x amount.

You should be able to switch out the aura with another one in the database, you're just going to have to search for the new aura on some kind of vanilla db website.

you are completely true , vanilla item stats are handled by on equip spells so you either edit those spells in spell.dbc or replace the spells with the right stats

Back