Welcome to Ac-Web AC-Web

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask a Question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Ac-Web Official Repacks !

Here you will find all our official repacks

Contact Us

Contact a Staff member if needed

How to compile a fresh Trinity Core

• Thread starter Jeutie
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 659
  • Views: Views 297K

bbgun

Registered
Credits: 0
Does anyone know how can I install bots ?

I can't find any instructions to see what to do to install them onto my Server ?

I was looking at LordPsyan's bots, so if anyone knows how to install, let me know.

Thanks.

Echohot

Registered
Credits: 5
What are bots? and where do I find the git bash download for them?

kealvan

Veteran
Veteran
Website phoenix.wow.bz
Credits: 15
IM getting this error when doing the cmake steps.

Code:
Compiling the C compiler identification source file "CMakeCCompilerId.c" failed.
Compiler:  
Build flags: 
Id flags: 

The output was:
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.6.79.0
[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.42000]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Build started 2/1/2016 10:57:13 AM.
Project "C:\Users\Kealvan\Documents\New folder\CMakeFiles\3.4.0-rc2\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj" on node 1 (default targets).
C:\Users\Kealvan\Documents\New folder\CMakeFiles\3.4.0-rc2\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj(18,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Kealvan\Documents\New folder\CMakeFiles\3.4.0-rc2\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Kealvan\Documents\New folder\CMakeFiles\3.4.0-rc2\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
  C:\Users\Kealvan\Documents\New folder\CMakeFiles\3.4.0-rc2\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj(18,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.03

Compiling the CXX compiler identification source file "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" failed.
Compiler:  
Build flags: 
Id flags: 

The output was:

Build started 2/1/2016 10:57:14 AM.
Project "C:\Users\Kealvan\Documents\New folder\CMakeFiles\3.4.0-rc2\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj" on node 1 (default targets).
C:\Users\Kealvan\Documents\New folder\CMakeFiles\3.4.0-rc2\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj(18,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Kealvan\Documents\New folder\CMakeFiles\3.4.0-rc2\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Kealvan\Documents\New folder\CMakeFiles\3.4.0-rc2\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
  C:\Users\Kealvan\Documents\New folder\CMakeFiles\3.4.0-rc2\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj(18,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.04

tkrokli

Super Power User
Spu
I am getting this error when doing the cmake steps.

Code:
Compiling the C compiler identification source file "CMakeCCompilerId.c" failed.
Compiler:  
Build flags: 
Id flags: 

The output was:

Build started 2/1/2016 10:57:13 AM.
Project "C:\Users\Kealvan\Documents\New folder\CMakeFiles\3.4.0-rc2\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj" on node 1 (default targets).
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Kealvan\Documents\New folder\CMakeFiles\3.4.0-rc2\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Kealvan\Documents\New folder\CMakeFiles\3.4.0-rc2\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.03

Compiling the CXX compiler identification source file "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" failed.
Compiler:  
Build flags: 
Id flags: 

The output was:

Build started 2/1/2016 10:57:14 AM.
Project "C:\Users\Kealvan\Documents\New folder\CMakeFiles\3.4.0-rc2\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj" on node 1 (default targets).
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Kealvan\Documents\New folder\CMakeFiles\3.4.0-rc2\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Kealvan\Documents\New folder\CMakeFiles\3.4.0-rc2\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.04

You must be doing something completely different than the TrinityCore wiki guide says you should do. This looks like you are trying to open a C file (not C++) and use .NET Framework as your programming environment instead of opening the TrinityCore source in a VS2013 compiler. .NET Framework 4.6 is also something quite new, maybe even specific to Windows 10. Not sure how you managed to mess up CMake, but you are certainly not reading the right files.

Remove all the files and try from start, by cloning the TrinityCore source and follow the TC wiki guide:
https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/display/tc/Core+Installation#CoreInstallation-Windows

Momondo

Registered
Credits: 10
I get this error in cmake: error in configuration process, project files may be invalid
Can anyone please help? I have installed everything i was supposed to. And it's not the light version og openSSL
Compiler:
Build flags:
Id flags:

The output was:
Microsoft (R) Build Engine, version 4.6.1586.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2007. Alle rettigheder forbeholdes.

Build startede 26-02-2017 08:12:18.
Projekt "C:\Build\CMakeFiles\3.0.2\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj" p† node 1 (standarddestinationer).
C:\Build\CMakeFiles\3.0.2\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj(14,3): error MSB4019: Det importerede projekt "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" blev ikke fundet. Bekr‘ft, at stien i erkl‘ringen <Import> er korrekt, og at filen findes p† disken.
Bygningen af projektet "C:\Build\CMakeFiles\3.0.2\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj" er f‘rdig (standarddestinationer). MISLYKKEDES.

Build MISLYKKEDES.

"C:\Build\CMakeFiles\3.0.2\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj" (standarddestination) (1) ->
C:\Build\CMakeFiles\3.0.2\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj(14,3): error MSB4019: Det importerede projekt "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" blev ikke fundet. Bekr‘ft, at stien i erkl‘ringen <Import> er korrekt, og at filen findes p† disken.

0 advarsel/advarsler
1 Fejl

Forl›bet tid 00:00:00.18
Sorry about the danish log :S

Last edited:

tkrokli

Super Power User
Spu
Follow the recommended steps in the TC wiki guide:
https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/display/tc/Installation+Guide

Make sure you are using supported versions of the software:
https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/display/tc/Windows+Requirements

It looks like you are trying to compile your source code on Windows XP. This is NOT supported because TrinityCore uses C++ version 11.0 (and has been using it for the last 3 years), which means you need to use Visual Studio 2015 Community (free) edition to compile current source. VS2015 needs Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.5 (or newer) to run, so this will not work on Windows XP. You need at least Windows Vista or newer to run VS2015.

As already mentioned, it is recommended to follow the TC wiki guide to have a working software setup to compile TC source.

Last edited:

Momondo

Registered
Credits: 10
Follow the recommended steps in the TC wiki guide:
https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/display/tc/Installation+Guide

Make sure you are using supported versions of the software:
https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/display/tc/Windows+Requirements

It looks like you are trying to compile your source code on Windows XP. This is NOT supported because TrinityCore uses C++ version 11.0 (and has been using it for the last 3 years), which means you need to use Visual Studio 2015 Community (free) edition to compile current source. VS2015 needs Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.5 (or newer) to run, so this will not work on Windows XP. You need at least Windows Vista or newer to run VS2015.

As already mentioned, it is recommended to follow the TC wiki guide to have a working software setup to compile TC source.
Well.. Im using windows 10, and am already using Visual studio 15, with .NET framework installed

tkrokli

Super Power User
Spu
Well.. Im using windows 10, and am already using Visual studio 15, with .NET framework installed

Hmm, weird. I wonder why CMake refers to .NET Framework 4.0 in your error message, if it is not related to WinXP.
Code:
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2007.
I don't have any other suggestion than to delete your CMake cache and try again.

MyLilSuccy

Power User
Spu
He's got .NET version 4.6.

According to this MSDN article (emphasis mine)
For the .NET Framework Versions 4, 4.5, 4.5.1, and 4.5.2, the Environment.Version property returns a Version object whose string representation has the form 4.0.30319.xxxxx. For the .NET Framework 4.6, it has the form 4.0.30319.42000.
This last is exactly the version string he is getting, so it's .NET 4.6.

BTW, Nice to see you pop in again tkrokli. Haven't seen you around for a while.

@Momondo
I'm not really sure what is causing your issue. But do clear any caches first. Also, do a clean of the project before actually compiling (should be in the Build menu) to get rid of any extraneous files that may still be around from previous compile attempts.

I noticed that you are compiling things from your Documents folder. Try moving everything to a folder on you C: drive. I have seen people get weird compile errors when attempting to compile from either the Documents folder or from the Desktop. Yes it is a bit of a long shot, but it won't hurt to give it a try.

lyshuch

Registered
when trying to use cmake i get the following error

Code:
Detected 32-bit platform
MSVC: Enabled large address awareness
MSVC: Enabled SSE2 support
MSVC: Disabled Safe Exception Handlers for debug builds
MSVC: Enabled increased number of sections in object files
MSVC: Overloaded standard names
MSVC: Disabled NON-SECURE warnings
MSVC: Disabled POSIX warnings
MSVC: Disabled generic compiletime warnings
Found MySQL library: C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.6/lib/libmysql.lib
Found MySQL headers: C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.6/include
Found MySQL executable: C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.6/bin/mysql.exe
Found git binary : C:/Program Files (x86)/Git/cmd/git.exe

* TrinityCore revision   : abaa9d635a6c 2017-04-14 04:45:12 -0300 (3.3.5 branch)

* Install core to        : C:/Program Files (x86)/TrinityCore

* Build world/auth       : Yes (default)
* Build with scripts     : Yes (static)
* Build map/vmap tools   : Yes
* Build core w/PCH       : Yes (default)
* Build scripts w/PCH    : Yes (default)
* Show compile-warnings  : No  (default)
* Use coreside debug     : No  (default)
* Show source tree       : Yes (hierarchical)
* Use GIT revision hash  : Yes (default)

CMake Error at dep/boost/CMakeLists.txt:21 (message):
  No BOOST_ROOT environment variable could be found! Please make sure it is
  set and the points to your Boost installation.

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "E:/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "E:/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

i have tried to just go ahead and generate it but then i dont the the trinitycore.sln in the folder to be able to build the core. Does anyone know what is going on or know a solution to this problem.

lyshuch

Registered
for some reason it made my post twice.

Last edited:

Dawnbrightsu

Senior
Senior
Website dawnbrightsu.ca
when trying to use cmake i get the following error

Code:
Detected 32-bit platform
MSVC: Enabled large address awareness
MSVC: Enabled SSE2 support
MSVC: Disabled Safe Exception Handlers for debug builds
MSVC: Enabled increased number of sections in object files
MSVC: Overloaded standard names
MSVC: Disabled NON-SECURE warnings
MSVC: Disabled POSIX warnings
MSVC: Disabled generic compiletime warnings
Found MySQL library: C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.6/lib/libmysql.lib
Found MySQL headers: C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.6/include
Found MySQL executable: C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.6/bin/mysql.exe
Found git binary : C:/Program Files (x86)/Git/cmd/git.exe

* TrinityCore revision   : abaa9d635a6c 2017-04-14 04:45:12 -0300 (3.3.5 branch)

* Install core to        : C:/Program Files (x86)/TrinityCore

* Build world/auth       : Yes (default)
* Build with scripts     : Yes (static)
* Build map/vmap tools   : Yes
* Build core w/PCH       : Yes (default)
* Build scripts w/PCH    : Yes (default)
* Show compile-warnings  : No  (default)
* Use coreside debug     : No  (default)
* Show source tree       : Yes (hierarchical)
* Use GIT revision hash  : Yes (default)

CMake Error at dep/boost/CMakeLists.txt:21 (message):
  No BOOST_ROOT environment variable could be found! Please make sure it is
  set and the points to your Boost installation.

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "E:/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "E:/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

i have tried to just go ahead and generate it but then i dont the the trinitycore.sln in the folder to be able to build the core. Does anyone know what is going on or know a solution to this problem.

This guide is outdated. Have you downloaded Boost? I will highly suggest to use this guide https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/

Eplisium

Veteran
Veteran
Credits: 20
This is the best guide for all newbs

alexs2oo9

Registered
Credits: 5
Hello! I followed this guid years ago and it worked 100%! I suddenly felt a urge to play on a 4.3.4 Server with my friends, and i want to remake the server. Problem is that the software requirements in this guide are outdated, and does not work on windows 10. There was also a guide to install Git properly, so you can pull the sources. Does anyone knows the right version of Visual C++ and why Cmake gives so manu errors when trying to make the build.

Instadev

Senior
Pu
Website deathshrine.com
Hello! I followed this guid years ago and it worked 100%! I suddenly felt a urge to play on a 4.3.4 Server with my friends, and i want to remake the server. Problem is that the software requirements in this guide are outdated, and does not work on windows 10. There was also a guide to install Git properly, so you can pull the sources. Does anyone knows the right version of Visual C++ and why Cmake gives so manu errors when trying to make the build.

Add my Discord: Dandi#2828. We'll figure this out together.
Although, this guide is really outdated and I would recommend following TrinityCore's wiki provided info in order to install it properly.

Back