Welcome to Ac-Web AC-Web

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask a Question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Ac-Web Official Repacks !

Here you will find all our official repacks

Contact Us

Contact a Staff member if needed

Interested in programming?

PvPtown

Registered
Credits: 5
TBH I just enjoy coding it is a hobby I pick up every now and then. I’m writing mutators for UT3 right now. The enjoyment is writing the code. Its a little slow going though I have to learn elements of UE because you write differently than you would in UE2 IDK why they changed it.

I wrote a small script for WoW after I read my Lua book a little:

Weapon Damage, Spell Damage = 247, 248
Diseases = 1.25

print ("Obliterate will cause")
print ((Weapon Damage + Spell Damage) * Diseases * 1.15 * 1.2 * 1.1)

print ("Using cooldowns will make Obliterate cause")
print ((Weapon Damage + Spell Damage) * Diseases * 1.15 * 1.2 * 1.1 * 1.18 * 1.25)

Lua for WoW is also just enjoyment of writing code this script will never be useful I’m just learning from it. I spent 1 hour fine tuning my numbers spent another 5 hours reading a book to understand Lua. This script was entirely my idea and I wrote it so I can learn from it. IDK how to append that will come later. It will take a couple months to get my script where I want it to be.

Eventually I also want to get into C# it IMO would be more enjoyable. It has APIs and .NET to make it easier.

Quadral

Senior
Senior
Credits: 0
A lot of you guys seem to forget C++ is a low level language. It is the closest language which directly communicates to the CPU, which gives C++ the performance to execute code at a faster rate.

Sdyess

King of COBOL
Spu
Credits: 34
A lot of you guys seem to forget C++ is a low level language. It is the closest language which directly communicates to the CPU, which gives C++ the performance to execute code at a faster rate.

Honestly I wouldn't call C++ a low level language in most contexts tbh. Definitely arguable though.

Have you ever written assembly or straight machine code? Its about data manipulation.

Last edited:

Kaev

Veteran
Veteran
Credits: 35

There are many cases where C++ isn't the fastest language. :p

-Revan-

Registered
Credits: 45
For those who are looking to get into programming, the way my university introduces it is Python first as an introduction to programming, and then you move into Java where you learn concepts, algorithms, object-oriented, etc. From there, you can take what you've learned and apply it to pretty much any programming language

cheburashka

Registered
Credits: -13
Im an middle Unity developer (use C#). Does anybody tell me about inverse cinematic in unity?

Back