Welcome to Ac-Web AC-Web

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask a Question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Ac-Web Official Repacks !

Here you will find all our official repacks

Contact Us

Contact a Staff member if needed

Laptop Charger only keeps laptop powerd on not charged

spoonynick

Registered
Credits: 5
Heya people, i dont know where else to ask for help, so here it go's

I have had my laptop since December 2009, basically this year, and since i have had it, my charger has never charged the battery but only powered it on. and now i have a brand new charger cause my old one broke and im still stuck with same problem and my new charger has broke again for the 2nd time in a row so i really need to fix my battery in-order for my charger to "charge" my battery for once,

i have spoken to pc-world and they said my battery is new not broken all lights flash so its my BIOS but how would i change it or Evan get into my Battery BIOS in order to ulter it?​

expo

I piss excellence
Spu
Credits: 0
Are you sure that it is your power cable? I mean, it is more likely that it is your battery that is the issue over 2 chargers.

When did the BIOS decide that your battery couldn't charge?

Steptaker

Registered
Credits: 10
Are you sure that it is your power cable? I mean, it is more likely that it is your battery that is the issue over 2 chargers.
Seconded, this is a common problem with users that keep their laptop batteries fully charged for the majority of the time, you have to either charge it, and take out the battery and let it run off the charger, or remove the charger every so often to let your batteries drain to about 10% then begin charging again or over time your battery will NOT hold a charge.
Resources: Personal Experience, Fry's Electronics

winkdog

Co-Creating a Better World
Spu
Credits: 464
You could try going to "start/Control Panel/Power Options/Choose what the power buttons do" and see if someone messed with the settings. It should be pretty self-explanatory from there.

treetree

A Legend known to All
Legend
Website speculation.pixub.com
Credits: 519
Seconded, this is a common problem with users that keep their laptop batteries fully charged for the majority of the time, you have to either charge it, and take out the battery and let it run off the charger, or remove the charger every so often to let your batteries drain to about 10% then begin charging again or over time your battery will NOT hold a charge.
Resources: Personal Experience, Fry's Electronics

this is correct keeping a battery fully charged all the time will
destroy its capacity to hold a charge.(over charge)

that's why they sell dis-chargers and some battery chargers come with them

1. take out battery hook it to a house hold light bulb anything that is rated 3 amp or so and drain it completely or drain it completely and and charge it again.

treetree dc electronics :)

HardH

Banned
Banned
Have you tried changing battery? I think that it can help you.

MarkUltra

Banned
Banned
I often had this problem with laptops. Moreover, I regularly changed laptops precisely because of their battery. This is mainly inherent in acer and the old hp. I once conducted a fun experiment in which I connected a charger to diy solar panels in order to work outdoors without power in the socket. Oddly enough, it worked.

Back