Welcome to Ac-Web AC-Web

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask a Question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Ac-Web Official Repacks !

Here you will find all our official repacks

Contact Us

Contact a Staff member if needed

[Show Off] Custom Boss: The Duchess

trickerer

Registered
Website github.com
Credits: 255
Inspired by Diablo II :rolleyes:

Though I'm mostly known for making ridiculous AI, sometimes I get other crazy ideas too. This is The Countess predecessor, the one which invented runes magic (or something along those lines, make it up yourself).

The whole idea is built around drawing runes, and there are a lot of them. So, replayability is pretty good, for WoW boss anyways.

Details:
  • boss: The Duchess, lvl 83+
  • instance difficulty: 10 man
  • boss encounter type: tank&spank / survival
  • boss difficulty: from not that difficult to nearly impossible
  • amount of RNG: a lot
Features / info:
  • players have to draw a rune patterns periodically
  • AoE effects from 33 runes, negative for players, positive for boss
  • 39 runewords (if you are unlucky)
  • constant AoE damage threat
  • total new spells: 140+
  • rows of code: 3k

When you don't know what you're doing

If you're trying to be safer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BttP1mJqgQc

All recorded with NPCBots.

Have questions? Discord: trickerer#4564

runemaster

Funserver Grandmaster
Spu
Credits: 34
Pretty neat, but uhhh why do you have to draw runes? what does it do? and how effective is it with other players?

Aesthetically it looks super cool but in execution, Im just sitting here like "what the fuck is going on?"

+rep regardless.

Last edited:

trickerer

Registered
Website github.com
Credits: 255
Pretty neat, but uhhh why do you have to draw runes? what does it do? and how effective is it with other players?

Aesthetically it looks super cool but in execution, Im just sitting here like "what the fuck is going on?"

+rep regardless.

I just wanted something with D2 runes, so why not rune patterns, didn't even know what this boss creature is supposed to look like. I made this 'paint' thing, wrote an algorithm to check if any of existing patterns are contained within all drawn mess (there are couple such patterns for every rune and some leeway in terms of mistakes). Effect depends on a resulting rune type, which makes it difficult up to insane, since if player fail to complete any rune it will be rolled at random - up to Zod that is, and that's pretty much a wiper. The flame doesn't switch targets during rune draw sequence, but target is random so all players are supposed to know what to do if they are targeted.
The unusual rune and runeword effects were kind of difficult to implement so I scripted what I could, quickly anyways, like crushing blow, static field, thorns%.

I actually have video examples for every rune type, since I originally wanted to sell this script. But my sell thread wan't approved for some reason.

Back