Welcome to Ac-Web AC-Web

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask a Question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Ac-Web Official Repacks !

Here you will find all our official repacks

Contact Us

Contact a Staff member if needed

Start programming with the emulator

ythugarada

Registered
Credits: 0
I, I've wanted to program to MaNGOS (especifically) but I don't know how to manage the thing, like, how to start , where to start
If there's some site especifically for learning, if you could answer I thanks

dule1322

Senior
Pu
You should first learn programming. Start with some easier language like python or something and then after a 3-6 months learn c++ and then start working on wow emulators.

HimikoEmu

Veteran
Veteran
You should first learn programming. Start with some easier language like python or something and then after a 3-6 months learn c++ and then start working on wow emulators.

I learnt programming via Trinity to be honest.

Jameyboor

Super Power User
Spu
Pu
If you want to learn the language don't start learning through a badly written massive project such as Mangos or TC. Start small, get to know the fundamentals. Then move up.

Nix

<NovusCore>
Spu
Credits: 75
If you want to learn the language don't start learning through a badly written massive project such as Mangos or TC. Start small, get to know the fundamentals. Then move up.

+1

jdfskitz

Power User
Spu
Website unholytyrant.game-host.org
Credits: 15
honestly the best advise I could give you, if you have little experience but a wide variety of knowledge from many sources around the web. Grab a book on whatever language you are using. Start at chapter 1, follow the examples they have and read through the book step by step. By the time you finish that book you will have a clear understanding of the language and how to use problem solving skills. From there, learn how to integrate a basic API if you plan on using graphical design or better yet, find a game engine that uses the language you plan on developing.

This to me is the fastest, and cleanest approach to learning programming. You will organize your Object oriented programming (in cases needed) and follow exact usage of enumeration, structs, pointers, derivates, classes, headers, etc.

I know you can do it! #1 advise is don't jump around too much.

SinisterX

Light of the Crusade
Pu
Credits: -37
honestly the best advise I could give you, if you have little experience but a wide variety of knowledge from many sources around the web. Grab a book on whatever language you are using. Start at chapter 1, follow the examples they have and read through the book step by step. By the time you finish that book you will have a clear understanding of the language and how to use problem solving skills. From there, learn how to integrate a basic API if you plan on using graphical design or better yet, find a game engine that uses the language you plan on developing.

This to me is the fastest, and cleanest approach to learning programming. You will organize your Object oriented programming (in cases needed) and follow exact usage of enumeration, structs, pointers, derivates, classes, headers, etc.

I know you can do it! #1 advise is don't jump around too much.

Any recommendations for c++?

Climber

Registered
If you follow the installation instructions for mangos/cmangos you should be able to get to the point where you have the code in visual studio and can build it from there.

You should try to get debugging working, so you can step through the code and see what it's doing when a certain spell is cast for example.

Then you can start by making small tweaks. Like increasing the rate that health regens while sitting. You don't need to be an expert in C++ as long as you can read and understand what the code is doing.

PivanDepolo

Banned
Banned
i seeking a C++ developer, please pm me. I can't create a thread.

KreoRouge

Banned
Banned
f you want to receive any of development skills in a website or applications development niche I recommend you to read Mova development company(www.mova.io) blog online where they discuss a lot of really interesting techniques and tactics of programming. I usually read them when they have new articles, almost every week.

Last edited:

KamLype

Registered
Credits: 35
I am just starting to setup programming lessons with a tutor and was wondering what common programming language would be comparable to Heroscript. Its object oriented and has procedural features. My limited understanding is that C is procedural and Python is object orientated?

Daviduseno

Banned
Banned
Website 69tp.orderspillsonline.com
Select useful health products at our website

hOur company provides supreme quality general health products. Look at our health contributing site in case you want to strengthen your health. https://3k.modafinilbuynow.com/sv/bestaella-provigil-cycling-7477.html Our company offers weight loss products. Take a look at our health contributing site in case you want to look better. https://3ig.modafinilbuynow.com/da/billig-modafinil-adderall-16721.html Our site offers a wide variety of non prescription drugs. Take a look at our health portal in case you want to to feel healthier with a help generic supplements. https://gn88.modafinilbuynow.com/de/dove-comprare-modafinil-online-forum-45970.html Our company offers a wide variety of non prescription products. Take a look at our health website in case you want to strengthen your health with a help of generic supplements. https://2e.modafinilbuynow.com/no/modafinil-pris-tobakk-41006.html Our company offers a wide variety of non prescription drugs. Look at our health website in case you want to feel better with a help general health products. https://a0.modafinilbuynow.com/fr/modafinil-en-ligne-jhh-53079.html Our company offers a wide variety of non prescription drugs. Look at our health portal in case you want to to improve your health with a help of health products. https://f7.modafinilbuynow.com/da/billig-modafinil-multiple-attempts-82135.html
Our company provides herbal weight loss products. Take a look at our health contributing website in case you want to look better. https://2da.modafinilbuynow.com/fr/provigil-prix-des-carburants-11413.html Our company provides a wide variety of non prescription products. Visit our health website in case you want to feel better with a help health products. https://bb3.modafinilbuynow.com/en/where-to-buy-modafinil-in-las-vegas-5778.html Our company offers non prescription products. Take a look at our health contributing site in case you want to feel healthier. https://7b.modafinilbuynow.com/de/modafinil-generika-bestellen-schweiz-42102.html Our company offers a wide variety of non prescription products. Take a look at our health portal. https://4b.modafinilbuynow.com/it/modafinil-bayer-5mg-prezzo-58272.html Our company provides a wide variety of non prescription drugs. Visit our health portal in case you want to to feel healthier with a help general health products.

Zaxer

cd ..
Spu
Credits: 10
I am just starting to setup programming lessons with a tutor and was wondering what common programming language would be comparable to Heroscript. Its object oriented and has procedural features. My limited understanding is that C is procedural and Python is object orientated?

Both Python and C are procedural. Object oriented means that data structures cannot only contain method definitions as well as properties. Python is object oriented, C is not. Both (and most) languages are procedural.

Elimqz

Registered
Credits: 5
Learn the basics of programming + C++ / SQL + TrinityCore/Mangos framework structure + DB(Database) structure. And only then you can start developing something.

[email protected]

Banned
Banned
I have such a site, or rather a blog - http://softwarereviewjournal.com/ , in which there is information you need about web development, how to write web applications, etc. I myself began my training with the study of such articles, it really helped me in the future.

O.N.

Registered
Credits: 432
Common practice while learning development is to actually copy other peoples code, implement it in your own projects ( Please be careful doing this, you don't want to use stolen work or publish someone else work as your own) , edit it and play around with it and eventually you will be comfortable enough to produce your own code.

When you're learning development it seems scary and huge, like where do you start but honestly just find some were to start and do it! I imagine a lot of people have had success learning to code through TC because they had the code in front of them and little by little they made changes and edits until they were confident enough to start making their own scripts :) if you're working with CPP I really recommend jumping on w3schools and reading up a bit on cpp (It will help you out a great deal to understand how things work while you're editing them)

When learning how to make new spells, bosses, npcs, pretty much anything you can think of you can use this principle of copping another spell/boss/npc/etc and editing it bit by bit.

Last edited:

vratam

Veteran
Veteran
Specific documentation, in general, for WoW emulation programming is sparse. What there is to find is more often than not fragmented, poorly written, outdated, or simply wrong. The good news is, learning how to program is not difficult, providing you have the desire and patience to learn, just as with any other craft that requires time to develop and understand.

Others here have given good suggestions. Purchasing a book and progressing through it, and perusing through other people's code, analyzing it and starting to slowly modify it are both excellent methods. Someone else suggested to stay focused and not involve yourself with too many avenues at once; also excellent advice.

If you've never programmed before, then you should expect a long road to expertise. You'll come across labels like "procedural programming" and "object oriented programming" which, in essence, will not matter until you have a mental conception of what programming means. An important distinction to understand from the beginning, however, is the differentiation of interpreted and compiled languages. A general, basic, quick explanation:

C++ is an example of a compiled language. Meaning, in order to execute it, it must first be built into an application. The sequence of events that must take place are: writing the source code, compiling the source code into an application, executing the application.

PHP, on the other hand, is an example of an interpreted language. Meaning, an application (an interpreter) interprets the code dynamically, while executing it. There is no separate compiling step nor a distributable, "stand-alone" executable built by it.

C, C++, PHP, and JavaScript (as well as some others) are very closely related in syntax structure (it could be said that they belong to the same family of programming languages). Learning one will easily translate to one of the others through association. (In fact, often the code from one can be used by one of the others with very minor modifications.) If your goal is to program WoW emulation, then you should start with any ONE of these languages. [My personal opinion would be to start with PHP, only because it is easy to install, execute and debug. There are many tutorials and free books on the web regarding it's programming, and it provides excellent documentation. Also, because you can apply it to both a User Agent (browser application) and a CLI, it becomes very useful in all sorts of ways. It is also built to seemlessly connect to MySQL (and other RDBM) and can, therefore, provide a simple, intergrated and useful learning path for SQL as well.]

Regardless of how you start, at some point you'll need to acquire build tools so you can compile C++ applications. When first starting out, much of what you will be doing will be using a CLI to compile and execute your programs. This is good because its a skill you must acquire AND it will provide a means of relatively immediate feedback (i.e., NOT having to write, compile, launch the WoW servers, launch the client, go in-game, and confirm what you've written is as expected; if not, round and round you go). It will also acquaint you with error messaging (STDERR), arguably the most difficult part of familiarization with any language.

The key is to begin and stay the course. Programming is not something everyone enjoys but it is something that anyone can learn, providing they enjoy it :D

Back